From the pages of Wallpaper magazine comes these few steadfast rules for business and life.
- a sense of timing – patience is a virtue but don’t waste your time. know when your time has come.
- shrewd strategy – it’s not about messing around or playing games. practise your moves, work on tactics and calculate risks.
- an eye for opportunity – when it knocks, let it in. but it’s not about keeping doors open…sometimes it pays to close them on certain fingers. and if another door doesn’t open, pick the lock.
- a clear vision – bask in the limelight by all means, just make sure the glow becomes you. know what you’re about, look where you’re going and watch your back.
- advertise your assets – use them to your advantage. if you’re blessed with natural charm, poise and beauty, there’s no point acting the shrinking violet or playing the wallflower. it’s about style not stigma.
- find your place – everything is set in stone, but there’s nothing to stop you carving out a niche of your own.
- be yourself – find a way of expressing yourself without recourse to ripped tights and multiple crucifixes. Be controlled and elegant in tone, conduct yourself well, and they’ll always be singing your praises.